Re: Need testers for a patch to merge hotkeys and accelerators

I’m testing the V2 patch on OS X now. I made sure the hotkeys were set back to their defaults in the preferences before testing.
Unfortunately, pressing a hotkey just triggers the accelerator action, and not the hotkey. Same thing in eeschema as well as GAL and Legacy canvases.

Oddly, in GAL and Legacy canvases, when the Track tool is already the current tool, pressing Ctrl+X will trigger the hotkey and a new track will begin from the mouse position. There is one difference I see between GAL and Legacy: In GAL if the Track tool is not current, Ctrl+X does *not* trigger the hotkey. But in Legacy, regardless of what tool is current, Ctrl+X calls the hotkey and starts a new track immediately.
Eeschema’s hotkeys behave the same as pcbnew Legacy: for example W will always call the accelerator. Like pcbnew legacy canvas, Ctrl+W will call the hotkey.

By ‘Ctrl’ I mean the OS X Control key, i.e. WXK_RAW_CONTROL

As far as the python scripting console, I’m not sure what to be testing here. All keys, including ‘O’ and ‘X’, show up in the console window when I type.

Hope that helps. Thanks,
Dan