Re: PCBNew / Footprint editor - "Special strings"

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Gaurav Juvekar
<gauravjuvekar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> - Does KiCad support "special strings" like Altium's .Designator ?
> I think F.Fab and B.Fab is what you want. Reference designator is supported using "REF**"

(I guess this mailinglist might be the wrong place for this discussion
now, but...)

So, I tried adding a text string to the component (in the footprint
editor) with REF** on the
F.Fab layer.  Afterwards I did change the footprints in the PCB
schematics, and now I
see REF** on the F.Fab layer, and not the actual reference designator.
I'm using a nightly build
that is 14 days old...

--
Thomas