Re: Datasheet confusion

On 10/23/2017 3:52 PM, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> On 2017-10-13 06:01 AM, Oliver Walters wrote:
>> Very interesting history JP! I think we are all looking forward to the
>> new library format :)
>
> When I read about a new library format I start wondering (worrying?)
> what impact the change will have on my existing schematics. I have
> already seen cases where changes were made to github based libraries
> used by eeschema that caused a problem with an older schematic.

There will be no impact unless the symbol changes in library.  The
library conversion process will not change the symbol, only the file
format.  Once the new schematic file format is complete, there will be
no impact once a symbol is added to a schematic because the symbol will
be embedded in the schematic similar to how footprints are embedded in
the board file.