Re: Update of KiCad documentation?

Am 01.11.2017 um 16:20 schrieb Marco Ciampa:

> This is my suggestion:
>
> Dev programmers whose group of patches were made accepted in the master
> tree should at least write a line in the (now inexistent) NEWS file.

That's the way it's typically working. And looking at workflows and
methods of other long term projects can really help to not reinvent
wheels again.

Git itself can produce some of the entries if commit are made wisely.

  git log --online [foo-options]
  git whatchanged

are the things I mostly use to get an overview whats happen in the past.
And that's why git commits should strictly follow some rules, otherwise
I need an expensive amount of time to get the needed overview what has
changed.

> That should be made during or immediately afterwards the git merge.
> Now tracing the new features of KiCad could be very difficult.

Can be but shouldn't. I guess every developer who has contributed
specific parts knows best what his work has changed, improved or added.
So maybe it should be started here, just write down what comes in mind
to be worth referenced in a Changelog. Based on this there needs to be
decided what has to be done on the documentation part.

A Etherpad site could be a starting scratch notepad, someone can pick up
the notes then into a KiCad wiki site on GitHub?

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert