Re: Testing New eagle import, problems

On 11/12/2017 07:13 AM, Russell Oliver wrote:
> Hi Lachlan,
>
> I was the main developer of the Eagle schematic import plugin and I know
> the layout of the Pcbnew Eagle import code pretty well. So If you can
> describe further the errors you are seeing that would be great, even if
> its just links to the original Eagle files and screen shots of the
> offending areas.
>
> Wayne: I'm thinking we to start with to change the text of the Import
> Project menu option from "Eagle Cad" to something like "Eagle CAD 6.x+
> XML".

Hi Russel,

This would probably be a good start.  Please note that I moved the Eagle
file wildcard to the common/wildcards_and_files_ext.cpp file as part of
my GTK+ file dialog case sensitivity fix so it is no longer in the
kicad/import_project.cpp file.  There also was a bug report about some
of the Eagle importer error messages being confusing so I would
appreciate if you take a look at them as well.  Just send the patches to
the dev mailing list and I will get them merged as soon as possible.  By
the way, nice job on the Eagle importer.  It really seems to work well.

Cheers,

Wayne