Signal integrity simulation within Kicad

Dear Kicad developers,

I'm new to Kicad development. Maybe you could give me some starting tips?

I am a 5th year PhD student at the university of Münster in Germany,
website:
https://www.uni-muenster.de/AMM/en/ohlberger/team/andreas_buhr.shtml

I am doing mathematical research targeted at developing solvers for 3D
Maxwell's equations in highly complex structures, such as PCBs. While
being in an early stage, the goal is to develop a signal integrity
solver which does a full-wave simulation of the electromagnetic fields
and calculates S-parameters within a very short time.

I would love to develop and test my algorithms within KiCad.

The input which my solver needs would be an array of polygons,
representing the copper-filled areas on each layer.
I then want to create a 2D triangle mesh and based on that a 3D prism
mesh for finite element analysis.

What would you recommend? How to I get polygons, representing the copper
filled areas of each layer?
I do have some experience developing C++.

thanks a lot in advance,
best regards,

Andreas