Re: Symbol library table remapping question

On 12/7/2017 3:14 AM, Bernhard Stegmaier wrote:

>> On 7. Dec 2017, at 00:27, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Well, technically this is the same library.
>>> It is only reachable by 2 different paths (the real and the symlinked one).
>>
>> I could check for symlinks.  I'm not sure how much trouble it would be.
>> I'll take a look at it as soon as I get a chance.
>
> I never tried, but maybe using realpath(…) on both sides of the comparison could just do the trick.
> And maybe eliminates also other weird path constructs…?

Thanks for the tip.  I dug through the wxWidget's wxFileName source and
found that wxFileName::SameAs() method does an lstat() on platforms that
support it if the comparison operator between two wxFileName objects
fails.  It should be a simple change (famous last words).  I'm assuming
macos has lstat.  If not, then I will have to find another solution.