[4.0.7] Bug report: Cannot open a project called noname.pro

Hi everyone,

I've been reading on this list for quite a while, but quietly...

Today this changes - I stumbled across a bug in 4.0.7 stable, and since
I don't have a launchpad ID, I'm reporting it here. I don't seem to
recall this being addressed recently though if it's fixed in master I'll
happily wait for 5.0 to hit stable :) and a quick filter through my
kicad emails doesn't find anything for noname.pro, so here you go:

When I save a project under the name noname.pro, I can't reopen it.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Start kicad
2) Select "File->New Project->New Project" from the menu
3) Choose "noname.pro" as name (folder does not seem to matter)
4) Open a different project
5a) Select "File->Open Project" from the menu and navigate to find
noname.pro created in Step 3 or
5b) Select "File->Open Recent->noname.pro" from the menu

Expected results:
Open project created in Step 3 above

Actual results:
Project opened in Step 4 above stays open, Icons grey out and the
message area says "To proceed, you can use the File menu to start a new
project."

Kicad version info:
Application: kicad
Version: 4.0.7 release build
wxWidgets: Version 3.0.3 (debug,wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1009,GCC
5.3.0,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Platform: Linux 4.4.88 x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
Boost version: 1.59.0
Curl version: libcurl/7.57.0 OpenSSL/1.0.2n zlib/1.2.8 libssh2/1.7.0
         USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
         USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
         USE_FP_LIB_TABLE=HARD_CODED_ON
         BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON

(Slackware Linux built from the SlackBuild at:
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/development/kicad/)

If you need any more info, go ahead and ask (and as for: "Why do you
name a project noname.pro?" - that's because I needed a quick throwaway
name for a "panelizing project" to create fabrication outputs for a
panel from two different PCBs - no data lost there)

Best Regards and Thanks for this amazing piece of software,
Heiko

--
Mein PGP-Key zur Verifizierung: http://pgp.mit.edu