Re: Future plans on the KiCad library releases?

Hello Wayne,

Am 15.01.2018 um 14:56 schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
> I though we were using version tags on the library repos that matched
> the kicad stable release version to ensure that packagers would be able
> to provide the same libraries.  I don't want a situation where each
> packager uses different commits from the library repos to create
> packages.  I don't think the date idea suggested is going to be reliable.

then add a prefix to the date based version like 'v5-2018-02'. That's a
problem that is up the library team to decide which tag will be used.
And that's why I asked about that.

And depended on that also why I've asked about backward compatibility,
if the current development of libs isn't backwards compatible than you
need some versioning schema at all for the various libraries. For me it
was a big fail that some libraries have been modified within a major
release! That's not really user and distro friendly and breaking user
acceptance in a longterm. Pleas think about Olimex e.g. as a company
that is using KiCad for their business. And I expect to not have to deal
with some important changes inside the libraries I use for a *stable*
release of software that will break my local work!

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert