Re: Improving behavior and logic of Findngspice.cmake

Hello Dan,

Am 16.01.2018 um 21:16 schrieb Dan Weatherill:
> Hi Carsten,
> have you tried specifying -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_ARCHITECTURE=x86_64-linux-gnu
> when calling cmake in the build script?

no I haven't until now, but this seems not to do anything.
Even if I definitely have no parts of libngspice installed the cmake
call works without error out.

> Relevant documentation here, in roughly the 2nd paragraph:
> https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/command/find_library.html

I've looks several times into the documentation, after years it's still
not really useful and easy to understand for me.

I've done some small debugging right now. If I add the following message
statements into the helper (right after the find_library call) I got
output to variables that should be empty.

> message( STATUS "NGSPICE_INCLUDE_DIR=${NGSPICE_INCLUDE_DIR}")
> message( STATUS "NGSPICE_LIBRARY=${NGSPICE_LIBRARY}")
> message( STATUS "CMAKE_LIBRARY_ARCHITECTURE=${CMAKE_LIBRARY_ARCHITECTURE}")
> message( STATUS "NGSPICE_LIBRARY_PATH=${NGSPICE_LIBRARY_PATH}")
> message( STATUS "NGSPICE_ROOT_DIR=${NGSPICE_ROOT_DIR}")
> message( STATUS "CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=${CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH}")

> $ cmake .. -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_ARCHITECTURE=x86_64-linux-gnu -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON -DKICAD_SPICE=ON -DKICAD_USE_OCE=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/carsten/tmp/kicad
> -- NGSPICE_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/share/ngspice/include
> -- NGSPICE_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/libngspice.so
> -- CMAKE_LIBRARY_ARCHITECTURE=x86_64-linux-gnu
> -- NGSPICE_LIBRARY_PATH=
> -- NGSPICE_ROOT_DIR=
> -- CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=
> -- Check for installed Python Interpreter -- found

> $ LANG= ls /usr/share/ngspice/include
> ls: cannot access '/usr/share/ngspice/include': No such file or directory
> $ LANG= ls /usr/lib/libngspice.so
> ls: cannot access '/usr/lib/libngspice.so': No such file or directory

I'm quite sure there is something not correct in the cmake helper for
ngspice.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert