Re: [RFC] Pin edition coupling description

On 01/23/2018 05:43 PM, Rene Pöschl wrote:
[snip]
> I am not so sure the default state should be enabled. If i understand it
> correctly the enabled state would result in pins being modified without
> the user directly noticing it. (If they are on the same position but in
> a different unit, they are modified.)
>
> At least in the official lib we have very few symbols remaining that
> could benefit from this feature. (Most have non interchangeable units.
> Even logic symbols are build this way now to remove the hidden power pins.)

Rene,

This was my initial reaction as well, but the synchronized pin edit mode
is enabled by default only for multiunit parts with interchangeable
units. The latter part is important and implies that such units should
have same graphical representation and pins in the same spot. Therefore
if you modify a pin in one unit, normally you would have to repeat the
action for all other units to keep them interchangeable. With the
synchronized pin edit mode enabled you do it only once.

Regards,
Orson