kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Pads front and F.Cu visibility, possible bugs?
Another confusion arised when I was speaking to a friend. When disabling
the F.Cu layer, the pads are still visible. I can understand the need to
be able to disable the pads on the front layer separate from everything
else, to check for things under pads etc.
What I cannot understand is why the pads are visible if I want to
disable the entire front layer in pcbnew, also if one wants transparent
layers, one can actually se the compositioning for the front pads and
front traces, and allowing them to be different colors also seem a bit
I could basically change the front pad colors to look like they belong
to the back layer, I know its stupid, but this seems like the kind of
thing one would not want to even be possible, except maybe for pranks.
1. pads not affected by layer visibility setting
2. pads and layer compositioning even when same setting
3. pads and corresponding layer color setting
1. Both layer and pads setting must be enabled for pads to render.
2. Seems hard, Dont know
3. pads and layer share color setting, not necessarily opacity setting.
Comments on these?