Zone fill hangup - more info

I continue to have problems performing a zone fill with the latest kicad 5 builds.  A copy of the project that is causing me trouble is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lw7lhg7jyigvyi7/AAB0ALAWmYS2LmOlw7-spqP6a?dl=0

I can reproduce the problem on both a Windows 10 VM, running kicad-r9376.be70ce7d4-x86_64.exe (the latest nightly from Feb 8), and on a Linux Fedora rawhide VM, running kicad-r11994.17ce87a-nightlies.fc28.x86_64.rpm (the latest from Copr, dated Feb 7).  Both VMs are hosted on the same server, which runs Fedora 27.

On both virtual machines, I get the "Fill All Zones" dialog, with the message "Calculating zone fills...".  The progress bar does nothing, and the elapsed time counter is stuck at 0:00:00.  When this happens, all I can do is kill kicad.  The "cancel" button doesn't work (although it does turn gray when I click it).

Since others have not seen this problem, I guess it is peculiar to my environment, but I was able to run an earlier kicad 5 build (4bf90f97171) on a Fedora 27 VM.  Any build newer than 4bf90f97171 shows the same zone hangup bug.  In particular, 7ad436c7aae, the very next commit after 4bf90f97171, shows the bug, and is apparently the commit that causes the problem.

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide.

	Steve

Follow ups