Re: [RFC] Change to object visibility system for usability/clarity

Hi Jon,

I like your suggestion. If you're worried about backlash, how about using
a wxTreeCtrl to list the copper layers and respective names, and nested
under each layer is traces/zones and pads, eg for a 2 layer board:

1. F.Cu

Traces/Zones
Pads

2. B.Cu

Traces/Zones
Pads

Each item could have a checkbox for visibility and colour picker button,
but with the "parent" items 1 and 2 being able to override their child
elements.

Just a suggestion, I realise this might be a lot of work and unrealistic
for the v5 release.

Cheers,
Michael

>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1744521