Re: Making typed-in unit support more obvious

Thanks!

Chris, your example link is dead but I'll use my imagination here.

1) I like the idea of making it more obvious.  For 5, could we just add a
tooltip?

2) I think that the extra step of only selecting the number is extraneous.
Since we default to the document units, it doesn't matter if the user
removes the units when typing.

3) Long term, I like the way SolidWorks handles this issue (see attached).
When there are no units in the box, it adds a drop-down underneath that
shows which units it accepts.  When there are valid units, the box is not
shown.  When there are invalid units the text color changes.  Right now, we
simply ignore units that are mistyped or that we don't know.

-S