Re: wxPython-gtk3 woes

Miles Mccoo might have some new info regarding Phoenix (https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg31889.html)

    On Tuesday, 10 April 2018, 13:55, Nick Østergaard <oe.nick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 FYI, it has been a problem on fedora for years. So it was not an issue on arch first.
I guess there are multiple approaches to address this issue.1. Platforms can disable the wxpython scripting option which will get rid of the footprint wizards and the python console.2. Hack wxpython with gtk2 to be  co-installable with a wxpython with gtk3 on major platforms that have upgrade to gtk3 as default. The issue here being wxversion.py.3. Move to wxpython phoenix which should be able to be co-installed with different build configurations. This is a big task because of the move from SWIG to SIP and no one really got it working right yet, as far as I understand.
Nick

It seems the easy solution to me too. I just wonder how many people rely
on the Python shell or GUIs done with wxPython.