Re: Polygon Shape Question

Le 03/05/2018 à 20:23, Seth Hillbrand a écrit :
> ​Hi Devs-
>
> ​I was looking over https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1768862 as it relates to the PNS checks.
>
> We add custom pad shapes to the PNS obstacle index using a convex hull.  However, there doesn't seem
> to be a specific restriction that would break if we allowed concave polygons.  I think that the
> correct restriction is that the polygon be simple.  Collision code doesn't change because we collide
> based on the line chain, which is the same restriction for convex and concave.
>
> Note that this doesn't change how we run the full DRC, generate gerbers or other aspects outside of PNS.
>
> Am I missing anything?  The proposed patch (attached here) renames the SHAPE_CONVEX class to
> SHAPE_SIMPLE and adjusts how the vertices are added for custom pads.  Do people see any issues with
> this?
>
> Thanks-
> Seth

Hi Seth,

Your patch does not work, as it did not fix the issue I had with PnS router:
If the custom pad is not a convex shape, when you try to route a track from a source to the non
convex pad, the PnS router does not see the target (the non convex pad shape).

in other words, The pad is never magnetic.

This is the reason I used the pad convex hull.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS