Re: RC2 String Freeze Q

Hi Seth,

On 5/21/2018 12:44 PM, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
> ​Hi Wayne-
>
> There's a couple minor differences between the strings shown the user in
> modedit and pcbnew.  I'd like to standardize these.  This involves
> removing a few strings from modedit and replacing them with the strings
> from pcbnew.  This does not change anything for our translators as we
> are only removing strings.  But I would like to check in before doing
> this​ and certainly don't intend to continue picking these nits until
> after 5 is released.
>
> -S

As long as you are making string changes that that don't result in
missing translations, I am fine with the changes.

There certainly are plenty of strings in KiCad that have the same
meaning with slightly different wording that could use some
housekeeping.  This would make life easier for translators but that is a
task for v6 at this point.

Cheers,