Re: More default fields in schematic

I don't know if this approach is what is being proposed but the way I
envisage it working is to have the ability to set a list of default fields
at a project level, which you could also set as your default for new
projects. Not necessarily adding to the list of default fields currently
hard coded into Kicad.

Any time you place a symbol or footprint, it would copy the additional
default fields into the list found in the properties editor.

Users would be free to include what ever fields they like as default. I
typically use MPN and Manufacturer then Digikey, Mouser etc