compiling kicad 4 with python support

Hi there, and thanks for developing kicad - I use it professionally on a
daily basis.

I've grown very used to using python in pcbnew, and after recently
mistakenly updating kicad to 5 (latest nightly) I'm now in the situation of
trying to compile a version of kicad4 that has python support.

I can now compile kicad, but I can never get python support working:

https://forum.kicad.info/t/glm-issue-when-compiling-from-source-on-ubuntu-18-04/10810/5?u=matthew_venn

​Am I doing something fundamentally wrong with cmake so that it never uses
my options?

Finally, though I'd like to have the python plugins enabled​ on the gui, my
real need is for my python command line tools that all import the pcbnew
module (which now doesn't exist).

​Thanks for any help,
Matt

--