Re: compiling kicad 4 with python support

​Hi Matt-

There's a couple odd things so I'll try to address them individually:

1) revision ​30455092c is not KiCad 4.  But perhaps you are trying to do
something else.  If you wanted KiCad 4, you can checkout the tag with `git
checkout 4.0.7`

2) The variables you show in the build settings after you make and install
are just defines.  That is, they will match what your cmake -L outputs.

Based on #2, I would guess that you are not correctly installing the newly
compiled version (permissions probably).  Since it will try to install into
/usr/local/bin, I would look there to see what the permissions on the kicad
application are.  It may be that you did a "sudo make install" at some
point and now you have a root-owned copy that won't be overwritten by just
"make install"

-S