Re: KiCad 5.0.0~rc2 now available in Debian experimental

Great work Carsten!

On 05/28/2018 03:25 AM, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
Hi,

I already wanted to make a fixed build about the GTK3+ vs. GTK2+ issues
of KiCad in Debian experimental while MiniDebConf in Hamburg but didn't
get it in time.

So I prepared on the last weekend the recent RC2 release and uploaded
this all to Debian experimental. This upload has switched back to
linking KiCad against wxWidgets with GTK2+ binding but also dropped the
SCRIPTING_PYTHON support due missing GTK2+ support for wxpython.

My poor testing hasn't shown any particular regression but maybe there
are corner cases we need to take before going further to Debian
unstable/testing.

I also updated the footprints, the schematic symbols and the 3D models.
The templates aren't have got a update since RC1 so no new upload here.

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/kicad
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/kicad-footprints
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/kicad-symbols
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/kicad-packages-3d
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/kicad-templates

So if people on testing or unstable want to use these versions they need
to install them explicitly, even if they already have installed a
previous version from experimental, there is no automatic update normally.