Re: explode an intersection, how to start?

Hi JC,

On 06/22/2018 12:22 AM, jc wrote:
> I would like to explode an intersect, like 2 lines,if crossed, turn into 4.

We need more information.  What intersecting lines are you talking
about?  Wires in the schematic editor or traces, zones, or polygons in
the board editor?  Also, why do you want to split intersected lines?
This would make it easier for someone to point you in the right direction.

> This can be done easily with a line of command in autocad, 30yrs ago.

I am old enough to have used autocad 30 years ago and I can say with
absolute certainty that trying to layout a board with autocad now or
then is folly.  Comparing a 2D drawing program with a board layout
program is not helpful.

> I want to mske that happen in 4.0.7. Where should i start?

The version 4 branch is a dead branch.  There will be no further
development in this branch.  You are also too late for version 5 which
is going to be release very soon.  You should use the development branch
of KiCad at
https://code.launchpad.net/~kicad-product-committers/kicad/+git/product-git/+ref/master