Re: "aperture" pads and custom shape primitives.

> On Jul 9, 2018, at 10:24 AM, Seth Hillbrand <seth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Andy-
>
> In the footprint you mention, note that there are many paste-only pads (see attached image).  To follow Silicon Labs' recommendation, simply create your exposed pad with no paste layer and add multiple paste-only pads in the geometry you desire.

I must have pulled an older version of that footprint, as that one has the paste-mask cut-outs and the one I used didn't. I see how that works. No need for a pad number, just create a pad with no copper layer and only the paste-mask layer and place as many as needed. Perfect.

> Note that there is a tutorial on the user forum (https://forum.kicad.info/t/tutorial-how-to-make-a-footprint-from-scratch/11092/1) that covers this.

Thanks for the link — I had not seen that.