Dublicating schematic symbols in Kicad 5

Hi,

I've been trying out rc3 the last couple of days and stumbled over
one (minor) detail. Previously, when I wanted to create a new schematic
symbol, I used to choose one that is suitably close to what I need
(often there was already a symbol for the same part in a different package
or a similar part where only a few pins need to be changed),
would edit it and in the end store it in the project specific library.

Now with Kicad 5, that doesn't work anymore. Even though, I can dublicate
symbols, they are already in a specific library, i.e. I cannot move them
to the project library. I also cannot change the symbol name (at least
I couldn't find a menu point to do that).

The only way, to dublicate a symbol that I could figure out is to export the
symbol, edit the file to change the name and aliases, then import
it again. This is kind of cumbersome. Is there an easier way?

Additionally, I would suggest, when importing a symbol to show a
pop-up window to select the library to which the symbol should be
imported to (with the current library being selected as default).
This would make the selection of the library more obvious for
mere mortals like me.

				Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.