PCB NC Solder Jumpers in the Std Library

So,

I tried to use the PCB Jumpers from the standard library, specifically a NC jumper. Jumper:SolderJumper-2_P1.3mm_Bridged_RoundedPad1.0x1.5mm  These seem to be new with the V5 library, because i don't remember them with V4.

And it causes DRC errors.  Firstly it generates "Track near Pad" DRC errors, because its built from overlapping pads, and specifically the middle pad used to create the NC connection is too close to the track which terminates on the "Actual" pads.

So i made a local change to eliminate that by reducing the size of the "joining" pad.  But that still causes a DRC error "Pad near Pad", which is right, because its just a bunch of overlapping pads.  So the question is, How is one supposed to use this standard library component without generating DRC errors.

I tried a bunch of experiments to create a NC Solder Jumper that doesn't create DRC errors and the best workaround seems to be use a NO PCB Jumper and manually connect the pins in the schematic like this:

https://imgur.com/a/HwXKttp

Which works, and doesn't generate DRC errors, because I have to manually connect the pads with a fat track, DRC passes.  BUT it is ugly from a schematic perspective.

It seems like there needs to be a copper feature of a footprint, that is not a PAD (or at least is ignored for PAD DRC checks) to handle cases like this.

Don't get me wrong because i think the Solder Jumper components look great, but should there be standard components that can't pass DRC?

Steven

Follow ups