Re: Questions on 6.0 eeschema file format

Hi,

On 16.07.2018 11:19, Jeff Young wrote:

> Do we plan on having inheritance replace aliases?

I do, but you might have noticed that with all my other commitments that
isn't worth much.

Do we have a spec document beyond what was discussed on IRC?

> If so, what do we do with old symbols?  (Will we have to support both paradigms?)

It should be possible to keep them usable, except that they won't be
part of the hierarchy. If we have special rules for replacement inside
the hierarchy, e.g. two transistor symbols that have inherited the same
SPICE type and graphics are obviously exchangeable, while symbols
outside the hierarchy are more difficult.

   Simon