Re: KIDIALOG broken

Hi Wayne,

On 07/23/2018 05:40 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> In the process of fixing this bug
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1782708 I discovered that the
> KIDIALOG object called when editing an externally defined environment
> variable will completely lock up kicad on windows.  Clicking the dialog
> OK button or hitting the escape keep does not close the dialog and I
> have to manually kill the running kicad process.  When I convert this
> code over to use wxRichMessageDialog directly, it works as expected.
> It's possible that wxRichMessageDialog::ShowModal() does not like being
> overridden.  Will someone check to see if this issue occurs on macos or
> linux?

I have just tried to recreate the mentioned bug report on Linux, but it
works fine here. I have successfully changed the path, got the dialog
displayed and confirmed everything by clicking OK.

> Also, what is the purpose of the "Do not show this message again"
> checkbox when it's only for the current session?  Generally speaking
> checking this option would not show the message forever.  This seems
> like it would be confusing to the user.

It is the same kind of relief you get with wxWidgets asserts. If there
is a window that will keep nagging you because you have done something
wonky on purpose, then you have a choice to ignore a warning dialog
instead of straining your finger. I have added this option to handle
warnings about malformed polygons, as without do-not-show-again checkbox
you can spend a lot of time closing warnings before you even get a
chance to fix polygons.

Cheers,
Orson