Re: Component format use cases

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 2:53 PM, Simon Richter <Simon.Richter@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've started collecting a few ideas on use cases for the new component
> format. I suspect others have done the same.
>
> Is there a good place to collect all of these and/or collaboratively
> edit them?
>
>    Simon

What you are looking for is a "workgroup" Kicad needs to form a component
format workgroup so that
the interested designers can gather together,discuss the problems and come
up with a document with
recommendations to be included in the kicad archives.

You can do the same thing for other problems as well. The kicad user
interface is a major  sore point and
we need to compare what we do with other tools and decide what we should be
stealing. To do this you want
to get the experts and those who are passionate about the issues together
in the same room and give them
the job of solving the problems.

How do we go about setting these up? Reddit might be the best solution if
we can get buy in from the "powers
that be" and some people wiling to do some work.

John Eaton