Re: RTree implementation

Am Mo., 6. Aug. 2018 um 09:57 Uhr schrieb Wayne Stambaugh <
stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Simon,
>
> On 8/6/2018 12:46 PM, Simon Richter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 06.08.2018 18:35, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
> >
> >> What are people's opinions on adding an additional boost dependency?
> >
> > I would never have thought to say these words out loud, but in general I
> > prefer not reinventing the wheel.
> >
> > Another Boost dependency is vastly preferable to having a block of code
> > that only one or two people know how to maintain.
> >
> >    Simon
>
> I tend to agree but Boost 1.67 which is the latest release and was only
> release in April.  I doubt 1.67 is widely availability except all but
> the latest distro releases so I'm sure there will be build issues if we
> bump the minimum boost version to 1.67.
>
> Wayne

Our minimum version is 1.54 right now.  The RTree implementation has been
stable (
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/libs/geometry/doc/html/geometry/spatial_indexes/introduction.html)
since then as long as we avoid things like R* and bulk loading, which
shouldn't be an issue for our use case.

-S