Re: Designer Encountering KiCad 5

Dave said that if the trace is not on a grid, and the trace has a kink in
it, like it is going around something, but there is no obstruction, when he
grabs to move the kink, the program should recognize that he is trying to
smooth out the kink and ignore grid snap rules and move the piece of trace
he grabbed in line with the main trace. Instead the piece he grabbed was
flipping between 2 grid snap positions, neither of which matched the
straight trace.

Maybe a trace snap options should be added that when moving a trace, and
trace snap is enabled, the mouse snaps to the trace.

Dave said that the following workaround methods are not what professionals
would easy to use software (paraphrasing):
1. deleting the kink and redrawing it
2. changing grid size