Re: DRC roadmap

On 1/09/18 22:40, Jeff Young wrote:

And then there’s the question of editing.  How do you drag tracks with curved corners?  Would one expect the PNS router to create curved tracks under some set of conditions?

I think you'd need a survey of the different uses.

Curved corners implies alternating line and arc segments to me. What I would do is have a corner radius setting. Constant during any drag. Dragging curved corner tracks would not be different than shark corner tracks, though the corner radius might force a track-to-neighbor distance larger than the clearance distance.

Allowing the existing arc tool to work on copper layers would handle the rest. I'd drag both endpoints plus a radius proxy (usually one drags the middle of the arc) instead of the current start, center, angle nodes.

I, myself, would not want the PNS to add curved tracks (different than curved corners) automatically.