Re: DRC roadmap

Hi Seth,

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this, but it's long in the past. I shared the thread links with Wayne so he could see what 'not interested' looks like from this community members side. First post with no feedback on changing the TRACK object I figured people were busy. Second post with no feedback and I figured it was a no-go zone. The magnitude of the job touched a lot of points in the source but none of it hard. I would have been happy to implement a patch that satisfied the core devs. I was little disappointed at the time that I didn't get much interest, but otherwise no hard feelings.

I don't agree with you that I, or any other non-core developer, should be touching the roadmap. It's a priorities and goals document, a form letter so that Wayne and the core team do not have to repeat this info for every person that is new or only checks in occasionally. And the people achieving the goals should be removing them from the roadmap. It would take me days of combing through commits and posts to do what they could do in minutes. Not really a good use of time in my opinion.

I do want to mention that if you'd written this a year ago in response my original posts, it probably would have led me to persist a bit longer. I appreciate that.

Right now I have no time for development, no immediate need for arcs, and a big patch for clearances and fan-out that may well have bit-rotted into irrelevance by the time work on 6 starts.

Thanks for the reply.

-Hauptmech