Re: KiCad test suite

Hi,

On 26.09.2018 17:21, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:

> Does anyone know why we search for the boost unit test framework library
> in every test sub-folder?  I'm guessing it's because we want to be able
> to build tests on an individual basis but it's adds a lot of redundant
> overhead during configuration.

Probably historical reasons. Interestingly, these variables become
scoped to the directory.

There is one other thing we could look at at the same time: in CMake,
we're not actually supposed to add ${Boost_INCLUDES} to the include
directory and ${Boost_LIBRARIES} to the libraries, but instead just link
against "Boost::boost", which will pull in both the includes and the
libraries in the correct way and also re-export the include path for
dependent projects.

The only thing stopping us here is the object library for pcbnew,
because linking against external projects from object libraries was
introduced in CMake 3.12. If we could find a saner way of effectively
installing the same code twice than linking it twice as well, we could
probably clean up the CMakeList.txt files quite a bit.

   Simon