Re: Handling SEGZONEs

Am Mi., 26. Sep. 2018 um 12:23 Uhr schrieb Wayne Stambaugh <
stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On 9/26/2018 3:16 PM, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
> > Hi Wayne-
> >
> > That will be more luck of the draw in your memory management.
> > connectivity_algo.h:643 gets the filled polygon list, which in the case
> > of SEGZONE is undefined.
> >
> > -Seth
>
> Why would a polygon list be created for a SEGZONE object?  JP, do you
> have any thoughts on this?  As ugly as the old segment filling is, I
> would prefer that we maintain accuracy.  If the user wants to delete the
> segments and go with a polygon filled zone, that should be left up to
> the user.

Ping, JP.

Wayne-  We should not be creating a polygon list for the SEGZONE.  This is
the root of the issue.  If we convert to plain segments, the board looks
the same and there is no error.  I found a legacy command that clears the
segments from a SEGZONE specifically.  This command does not exist in GAL.

I suppose the question comes down to how much legacy handling to we want to
keep around.  Since users cannot create SEGZONEs, it may not make sense to
maintain the objects and their associated handling complexity.  Convert to
segment gives us a clean break there.

If we do want to maintain the actual SEGZONE object on the board, we should
port the command to clear it over to GAL as well.

-Seth