Consistency between symbol and fp editor UIs

You may prefer bug reports for this and I can do that, but I thought it
might be good to gather some opinions first. There's more than one issues
and I don't know if I have noticed them all.

The new library editors with left side library tree panel have still some
inconsistencies which could be fixed. I'm not sure how similar or identical
they can be - does the fact that the underlying library mechanisms/file
formats are different affect this? Anyways, here are some issues.

1. When a new symbol is created from the toolbar button or from the File
menu, it asks for the library immediately if no library wasn't active. The
footprint editor ask for it only when saving. I think the symbol editor is
better.

2. Context menus on library trees are a bit different.
2a. On a library row:
- Fp editor doesn't have Add Library
- Symbol editor has Save As, fp editor has Save A Copy As
- Fp editor doesn't have Revert
2b. On a symbol/fp row:
- Fp editor doesn't have Revert
- Fp editor doesn't have Duplicate, Cut and Copy

3. Trying to save without write permission opens dialog which is different.
The symbol editor's dialog is non-technical, the fp editor's is a technical
system message. The symbol editor then opens a save file dialog. I think
this may be because of the underlying format difference?

Eeli Kaikkonen

Follow ups