Re: Net selector

Hi John,

Thanks for the report.  More comments below:

> On 10 Oct 2018, at 11:10, John Beard <john.j.beard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> In general it looks very nice.
>
> On GTK+ (Arch), freshly rebased and built today on the new GAL stuff.
>
> * The net field is reachable by tab-traversal. For example, in the
> trace properties, it can be reached with "Shift-Tab, Shift-Tab" from
> the default focus when the dialog opens.
> * It cannot be activated with any key, as far as I can tell:
> ** Any letter key does nothing
> ** Enter accepts the whole dialog
> ** Arrow keys move the focus away from the control

<alt>-<down-arrow> will probably work, but that doesn’t seem to be a very commonly used shortcut.

If wxWidgets doesn’t handle <enter>, then it will likely be difficult to fix.

But <space-bar> (and even other letter keys) might be possible.

> Once the dialog is activated:
>
> * When the input field has focus, you can't tell, there's no cursor

Focus works on OSX, but not GTK.  I’m not sure about Windows.  But even on OSX I forward all keys to the filter whether it has focus or not (so that it works like type-ahead in a combo-box).

> * When you type, the first result is not highlighted, and of you press
> enter, nothing is changed. If you press down arrow, it goes right to
> the second entry, and you have to go back to the first entry with up
> arrow.

I’ve fixed the first result not being highlighted.

After the first <down-arrow> do subsequent <down-arrow>s also advance by 2, or do they work properly?

Don’t worry about response time; it works well enough now that we’re not keeping anyone from testing the master branch.

Cheers,
Jeff.