Edit text and graphic properties behavior

I'm not sure I using this correctly so before I file a bug report
against it, I have some questions about the edit text and graphic
properties behavior in pcbnew.

When changing footprint text sizes using the set to layer default values
option, the fields on silkscreen layers are updated as expected but the
fields on the fab layers do not seem to be affected.

When changing footprint graphic items using the set to layer default
values option, none of the silkscreen layer graphic item widths of
footprints seem to be updated as expected.

Is this on purpose or is it an oversight or am I not understanding how
this is supposed to work?

Cheers,