Re: ideas to improve patch and CI integration

Hi Thomas,

I like Gitlab, but it is a matter of taste and obviously the final word
belongs to Wayne. I think the main problem would be to transfer the bug
tracker and decide what to do regarding the mailing list.

Another point is a plan for a case when Gitlab turns evil. Currently
they offer Gold version to open source projects for free [1], but you
never know what will happen in a few years. Either we pay or host a
limited version (Community Edition) privately. I realize the same thing
may happen with Launchpad, the point is to decide whether we would be
satisfied with Gitlab Community Edition features.

You may also find insightful a discussion we head about moving KiCad
from Bazaar to Git [2].

Cheers,
Orson

1. https://about.gitlab.com/pricing/#gitlab-com