Git transition

Apparently we have not discussed git transition for a long time now, so
I felt it is the right time to raise the subject again to keep our routine.

Launchpad now supports merge proposals [1] and it looks like they are
still improving git integration. The only missing feature are links
between bug fixing commits and respective bug reports (bzr commit ...
--fixes=lp:123456). It is not supported by git itself, but might be
resolved using webhooks [2] and appropriate keywords in commit messages
(e.g. "Fixed a memory leak [fixes #123456]"). If this is the only
obstacle, then I volunteer to provide code for the hook.

What do you think? Is there anything else that prevents transition?

Regards,
Orson

1. https://help.launchpad.net/Code/Git
2. https://help.launchpad.net/API/Webhooks