Re: RTree implementation

On 22/10/2018 14:54, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> I tend to side with JP on this.  Our luck with boost has not been the
> best over the years.  We seem to have an issue every few boost releases
> with something getting broken so I would tread cautiously and require
> lots of testing with many different boost versions back to 1.54 which is
> our current minimum version.

Hi Seth,

I side with Wayne and JP. We've had numerous troubles with the less
mainstream Boost libraries in the past (e.g. geometry, polygon) and in I
would rather see Kicad going fully for C++11/newer STL features only.

As for the R-Tree crash, I would simply use doubles instead of floats or
spend some time to hack the current R-tree implementation to use fixed
point.

Cheers,
Tom