Re: Separated debug symbols

On Samstag, 27. Oktober 2018 20:08:47 CET Maciej Suminski wrote:
> On 10/27/18 11:36 AM, Maciej Suminski wrote:
> All in all, I have kept gnu-debuglink enabled and added build-ID to
> match debug files on Linux. The attached patch also has
> KICAD_SPLIT_DEBUG turned on by default.

Many distributions do split debugs for years and switching it on by default
will likely interfere with their infrastructure and debuginfo setup. If it is
kept ON by default, make sure there is a big fat note in the release notes ...

Debug information is also available with the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo,
so you may consider this as well. You may see crashes happen in Release
builds, but not in Debug builds.

Kind regards,

Stefan