Re: Has the handling of the datasheet field changed again?

Hey Jeff,

This is a limitation of the current symbol file format but the root datasheet field should be empty and the datasheet url should be stored in the document file along with the description and keywords. This way it's consistent with all of the alias information and doesn't violate the KLC.

This will be moot in the new file format as aliases will go away and the fields (properties in the new format) will be the same for all symbols. I'm hoping to submit the symbol file format this weekend for comment after I update it with some more recent request. Once that is finalized, the schematic file format will follow.

Cheers,

Wayne