5.1 stable release

Now that 5.0.2 is out the door, it's time to get serious about 5.1.
This is the official 5.1 feature freeze announcement.  I plan on make
the official string freeze announcement in another week or two so if you
have any UI string work that you are planning to do, please try to wrap
it up in the next week or two.

There are a few outstanding bugs assigned to the 5.1 milestone[1] so
please help out and try to get these all addressed.  Some of them looked
to me like they might be feature requests.  If so, they should be
deferred until v6.  Once we get this bug list knocked out, we can start
thinking about tagging a release candidate.

One thing not on the bug list is disabling the pcbnew legacy canvas when
building against gtk3.  It's not necessary to remove the legacy canvas
code, we just need to make sure that users cannot use pcbnew with the
legacy canvas.  If someone has time to work on this, I would appreciate it.

Cheers,

Wayne

[1]: https://launchpad.net/kicad/+milestone/5.1.0

Follow ups