Re: Version 5.1 backward compatibility with 5.0 (polygon for outline)

ma 10. jouluk. 2018 klo 15.10 Wayne Stambaugh (stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx)
kirjoitti:

> We should back this change out until v6.  We have an unwritten policy
> (although maybe I should write it down) about not changing file formats
> during a stable release series.  Boards designed with 5.1.x should
> produce the same output as boards designed with 5.0.x.

Strictly speaking this wasn't a file format change, and maybe that's why it
went unnoticed. For compatibility also *interpretation* of the file format
should stay exactly the same. The same situation could have happened with
edge clearance. I tested it with 5.0 and HEAD and both seem to give the
same result now, i.e. the width of the Edge.Cuts line affects the
clearance. If I'm wrong it should be changed in development HEAD.

Eeli Kaikkonen