Re: RFC: Moving footprint wizards to github

The libraries are licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0

Is this the proper license for footprint wizards as they are code / scripts
and not just "data"?

Also, some of the existing scripts contain license information which
indicate various forms of licensing (MIT / GPL2+ )

Intuitively I think that this is effectively KiCad "source" and should be
licensed under the same arrangement. Here's a clipping from one of the
example wizards:

#
> # This program source code file is part of KiCad, a free EDA CAD
> application.
> #
> # Copyright (C) 2012-2014 KiCad Developers, see change_log.txt for
> contributors.
> #
> # This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
> # modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
> # as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
> # of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
> #
> # This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
> # but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
> # MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
> # GNU General Public License for more details.
> #
> # You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
> # along with this program; if not, you may find one here:
> # http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html
> # or you may search the http://www.gnu.org website for the version 2
> license,
> # or you may write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
> # 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301, USA
> #

I am looking to as a matter of priority set up a LICENSE file and a CLA for
the repo, so looking for input here...

Thanks