Holidays.

I just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up that I will be leaving
for Christmas vacation tomorrow and wont return home until December
27th.  I will have limited internet access during this time and I am
going to be with my family so it may be a few days before I reply (my
wife frowns upon me doing KiCad work during family vacations).  I will
have my laptop with me but I'm only planning on keeping my inbox cleaned
out so I'm not overwhelmed when I get back.  Hopefully there wont be
anything critical until after I get back.

I have just about completed revising the new schematic and symbol
library file format documents which I will be sending out for comment
when I get back.  Start thinking about what features we might want to
include so we can finalize the formats so I can start working on the
plugin for v6.

I will also be announcing the string freeze for 5.1 shortly after I
return so if you have any UI strings that need to be updated, now would
be a good time.  Our translators should start thinking about finishing
up and untranslated strings in the development branch for the 5.1
release within the next month.

If you have some time, please head over to the 5.1 milestone[1] and
close out one of the remaining bug reports.  Once we have all of these
bugs fixed and no new critical bugs remain, it will be time create
release candidate one to get some wider testing before the 5.1 release.

Thank you all for your continued support of the KiCad project.  I wish
you and your loved ones a wonderful holiday season.

Cheers,

Wayne

[1]: https://launchpad.net/kicad/+milestone/5.1.0

Follow ups