Re: 5.1 stable release

On 12/16/2018 1:35 PM, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
> Am 2018-12-16 13:24, schrieb Eeli Kaikkonen:
>> Someone in the user forum asked how to compile with GTK3
>> (https://forum.kicad.info/t/force-gtk3-build/14173). I still don't
>> know. I just upgraded Kubuntu to 18.10 and had also to reconfigure
>> KiCad compilation from scratch. But I didn't notice there anything
>> about GTK3 and don't know what the dependencies are.
>
> Hi Eeli-
>
> The appropriate flag is -DwxWidgets_CONFIG_OPTIONS="--toolkit=gtk3"
>
> The dependencies are the same as for gtk2, substituting the gtk3
> versions of wxWidgets.
>
> Best-
> Seth

The other option assuming you have the gtk3 variant of wxwidgets
installed (if not `sudo apt-get install libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-dev`) you can
make that your default wxwidgets version by running `sudo
update-alternatives --config wx-config` and select the appropriate
version of wx-config.  You should be able to build kicad normally.

If you want to compile using phoenix and python 3 you need to install
python-wxgtk4.0.  I seem to remember having to install another package
to get the dev headers but I don't remember what that was off the top of
my head.  Once you have the python packages installed you can build
kicad with -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=ON and
-DKICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=ON.

I've successfully build kicad this way on both Debian testing and Ubuntu
18.10.

Cheers,