Re: [RFC] Symbol library file format

On 1/2/2019 8:24 PM, Rene Pöschl wrote:
> I have a few questions regarding multi part (or multi unit) symbols. (I
> do not really see a clear indication for these features in your document.)
>
> Is there a definition for having only some units exchangeable?

This is provided by the extends keyword.  In the provided 7400 example,
all four gates are extended from the same base part so they would be
interchangeable.

> Is there a way to define a unit as "must be placed" or "optional"?

I added a power keyword to denote power symbols so any power symbol
defined as a sub-unit of a symbol would be required.

> Is there a way to mark a unit as "power unit" (I think you mentioned
> sometime back that this might be required to properly make simulation
> for multi unit symbols possible while still allowing the power unit to
> be separate. A power unit would also be a "must be placed unit" but i
> feel separating these two might add more flexibility.)

See definition above.  I'm not sure having a "required" keyword is
useful.  Do you have an example in mind.