Re: SIGTRAP crash with ngspice

On 14/01/2019 19:06, Steven A. Falco wrote:
> Tom or Orson,
>
> Any objections to this patch.  I didn't test it but on the surface it
> appears to resolve the issue.

I have no formal objections, go ahead and merge the patch but honestly I
feel like we (the Kicad dev team) are sometimes overburdened by the
amount of support required for Linux distributions.

Recall the GTK2/GTK3 transition issues, non-functioning OpenGL
implementations, exotic window managers that cause UI crashes, libraries
(e.g. ngspice) compiled with different configurations on every flavor of
Linux, mutually incompatible python/wxpython/wxwidgets provided by the
distributions, people asking us to support their PDP-10s, and so on and
so forth...

I wish I had more time to work on new features/polishing up existing
ones (there's still many bugs in the P&S) :/

Tom